Employment and Labor Law
French & Casey and its attorneys are regularly called upon by companies and various entities to counsel and defend them in employment and labor law issues. While sound policies and training generally prevent significant problems, in some instances litigation is inevitable and French & Casey attorneys excel at litigation.
Our attorneys have extensive experience handling state and federal litigation from commencement of the action through appeal. This includes representation of clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), New York State Division of Human Rights and New York City Commission of Human Rights.
Areas of focus for our team include:
- Discrimination and harassment pertaining to age, race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship, military service, pregnancy and sexual orientation
- Wrongful termination and retaliatory discharge
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) litigation
- Negligent hiring and negligent retention/supervision claims
- Non-competition agreements and trade secret protections
- Defamation and breach of contract litigation
- State and federal wage and hour disputes related to alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), including defense of wage and hour actions.